Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Toshiba 8100 Power-up problem
November 11, 2004, 9:29 pm
rate this thread
I am hoping someone can help me with this problem (searched and
searched with Google ... nothing related).
The situation is:
1. Running on battery power (with a good battery - runs 2 1/2 hours)
2. Shutdown Laptop
3. Come back later.
4. Press power-on button, nothing happens. (Also no lights come on if
I plug in the ac adapter either, not even the ac adaptor light.)
5. Remove and reinsert battery
6. Press power-on button and all is well.
It is an annoyance, every morning to get the machine started, I have
to remove and reinsert the battery.
So, somehow the computer seems to "loose contact" with the battery on
shutdown until I re-insert the battery.
Strangely, if I reboot immediately, like within a minute or so, there
is no problem. Similarly, as long as machine is on ac power there is
no problem. The problem only occurs under battery power.
Anybody run into this? Ideas?
Thanks in advance!