Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Strange Noise on Toshiba Laptop? Advice?
December 23, 2005, 9:38 pm
rate this thread
My Toshiba Tecra laptop has worked great until now. Its making a very
strange noise, basically like the HardDrive is really trying hard. Its
not the CDROM or the fan, its definitely coming from the harddrive, but
I'm not running any applications. I have Microsoft Anti-Spyware and
other anti-spyware packages...any thoughts on what it could be? I've
tried defragmenting and cleaning up my disk space...the noise is still
there. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks, Tim
Re: Strange Noise on Toshiba Laptop? Advice?
1. Back up My Documents and any Program Files folders that have your
productions. Do it now - if you can.
2. From a command prompt run chkdsk /r. This will ask you to reboot;
type 'yes'. Chkdsk will repair the disk. If it indicates that there are
bad sectors that have been mapped out, then start looking for a disk
replacement. Start at www.newegg.com , www.zipzoomfly.com , or your
- » express card/54 slot on HP; any video cards for it yet?
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » Replaced Compaq Presario 2500 LCD - Need "Service Utilities Floppy"
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum