Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Sony PCG-V505 Power Panel
- Jack B. Pollack
July 22, 2006, 5:20 pm
rate this thread
the initial install I was unable to locate my original Sony recovery CDs. I
was able to get most of the drivers I needed from the Sony Web site. The
Sony site did not have downloads for the Hotkey Utility, Sony Notebook Setup
or Power Panel.
After doing extensive searching I did find another Sony site with many Vaio
utilities (ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio). I was able to get the Hotkey util
and Notebook Setup to work without any problems (although I am not sure that
the versions installed are really for my model).
I can dim the screen using the hotkeys, but Power Panel does not change
screen brightness under any profile (again, not sure that I am using the
correct version for my model. I did try all the PPs on above site).
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone know what the correct version is for the PCG-V505BX?
2. Does anyone have this model and be willing to email/post the PP util?
3. Any ideas on how to fix PP to control brightness if problem is not
version related (have uninstalled and reinstalled PP util)?
- » IBM Thinkpad 2611-452 can it read DVD+Rs or just DVDs?
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum