Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Re: Dell C610 laptop + PS/2 port splitter
- Phil Schuman
August 2, 2005, 6:00 pm
rate this thread
I ordered a different PS/2 splitter to see how that one might work
Tried a couple of tests with the one I have -
1 - mouse works fine by itself plugged into either side
2 - keyboard works fine by itself plugged into either side
3 - with both plugged in (either way)
- the mouse stops working, but keyboard is ok
Re: Dell C610 laptop + PS/2 port splitter
acquired a different splitter -
one with the ends marked Green & Purple
IT WORKS FINE (tossed the other one)
I'm guessing the other splitter was merely a true "Y" splitter,
and maybe doesn't have a blocking diode or something
to allow both external devices to connect and function
using the same single PS/2 connector.
- » Gateway brings up "My Computer" folder without any user action
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » Which Runs Cooler: Celeron M 360 or Pentium M 715?
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum