Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Packard Bell MX52 TK55-A AMD issues
October 13, 2008, 7:08 am
rate this thread
Does anyone know if Packard Bell has had a recall on the MX52 TK55-A
It has the following problems:
* It will sometimes play DVD movies. "Cannot find hardware decoder, or
the device is in use". But four hours later, it plays them. I did not
restart, install or uninstall anything.
* Stuck Pixel. It failed when the laptop was three days old. This is
unacceptable. I have not used any harsh chemicals or dropped it.
* Non-centered webcam. It is not in the middle of the hole. Someone
tried to adjust it at the factory with a sharp object. It looks like
therats have been at it. I DID NOT DO THAT!
What really annoys me is that it is only four days old, and for a new
laptop to have so many problems is worrying.
I have had laptops in the past, and pixels only failed after about ten
It is a super laptop, and it has only been used for about 24 hours
over 4 days.
Re: Packard Bell MX52 TK55-A AMD issues
This is good reason to take it back. The only problem that you will
encounter, of course, is that when it is tried in the shop, it will work
One stuck pixel is considered entirely acceptable. You will not be able to
return it on this point alone.
This is good reason to take it back.
Therefore sufficiently young for you to reject it.
- » can I install XP on netbooks that come with linux?
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum