Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Ok to upgrade Sony battery to generic?
June 13, 2007, 5:03 am
rate this thread
Battery: VGP-BPS2A 11.1V/4400mAh
1. Is it okay to replace the dead Sony VGP-BPS2A 11.1v/4400mAH, with
a generic VGP-BPL2 with 6600mAH?
2. Will the 6600mAH give longer life at one sitting without harming
3. Are all generic batteries on the market today to be trusted,
The Sony battery is dead, and it never gave me more than about 45
minutes max anyway.
Re: Ok to upgrade Sony battery to generic?
Generics are hit and miss. Then again, Sony had all those fire hazard
batteries (there was (still is?) spectacular footage posted on youtube
and other video hosting sites of this in action). And was reluctant to
recall them. I suspect many defective Sony batteries will not be
6600mAH would provide you with longer battery life than 4400mAH.
If you can supply us with the maker of this generic battery, perhaps
someone can tell you whether the maker is reputable or not.
FWIW, You can hardly do WORSE than the previous battery.
- » =?gb2312?B?oe+h7nNlbGwgbGFwdG9wIG9ubGluZSBwcmljZSBsb3dlc3Sh76Hv?=
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum