Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Inspiron E1505 Battery Issue
June 17, 2008, 2:11 am
rate this thread
I have an Inspiron E1505 and having a battery issue. The battery wasn't
holding much charge and I followed (now, I know poor) directions to
drain the battery completely by turning off the powersave settings and
letting the battery drain completely.
The AC will charge the battery and the battery will hold a charge for
about an hour or so but the laptop (neither XP or the BIOS) will not
detect that a battery is installed. If I unplug AC, it will stay on
even though I turned the power save settings back on but it doesn't know
how much power is left on the battery.
I have checked the tester on the battery and all five lights come on.
Is there any way to fix it so the laptop will detect the charge on the
battery since it all seems to be working except the computer reading the
- » Old laptop/notebook (not mine) just got stolen... What to do to get it back?
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » Recommendations on which brand and models to get for a new laptop/notebook?
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum