Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 20, 2013, 11:19 pm
rate this thread
a laptop with swivel screen that can act as a tablet.
It doesn't boot - and shows the bootup screen - No System Disk Found
It appears to have a HDD and it tests ok via the BIOS.
There is no CD drive avail inside the laptop,
and I don't have an external one to even try.
SO - I'm going to take the HD out,
take a look, put it back in - try again.
If it still doesn't boot -
then I need to get a cheap USB <--> SATA cable
- connect the drive to my laptop or their other desktop
- see if the disk is really ok, contents ok,
- somehow is really missing it's MBR -
If so -
HOW can I get a new MBR created using a USB cabled drive ??
I've only done it with a local drive...
/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
No Good Deed -
Re: HP TC4400 laptop - no MBR
and installed the drive -
Connected to my laptop,
It powers up, and is recognized and installed as it's disk model number in
However, using XP Disk Management, it shows as un-alloc...
So, tried to initialize and it will not take - nothing happens -
guess it's dead -
- » Trying to find a laptop to use as a server - difficult to find 802.11ac, SSD & 16Gb memory...
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum
- » Satellite A660 display seems to go out of "calibration"
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum