Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
December 29, 2004, 10:34 am
rate this thread
holiday week since I don't have money for a new one yet and
Santa forget to send me one as a gift.
Here's my difficulty. I wish some experts here can help me
1. My Compaq 1700 makes clicking sound but not booting up.
It's been like this for a year now. I think the drive is
bad. So here's my 1st question. Could the drive Hitachi
DK23BA-10 still covered by Hitachi or Compaq - now HP? At
I enter the serial "V7GR10SYG2", it says "Invalid Serial".
2. Can I replace the drive "DK23BA-10" with "DK23BA-20" or
"DK23BA-40"? I need a little more disk space.
3. I've lost the recovery CD for my laptop, once I replace
the drive, how can I install the OS and set up the system?
Where to get recovery CD and all the needed drivers?
4. My notebook has had Windows ME. Is it possible to
install Windows XP into the new drive?
Re: How to fix and upgrade a Compaq 1700 notebook - 17XL36
various Operating systems. Laptop hard drives arent propietary and as
long as you install a 9.5 mm drive it should work fine. I do know the
laptop you have will run smooth on windows 2K Pro. Have to search
Compaq for the XP drivers....
- » Is there a 5400 or 7200 RPM replacement for Hitachi DK23BA-10?
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum