Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Does anyone else have the buggy VGN-AR31S?
March 28, 2007, 11:33 am
rate this thread
yesterday. I got it home and started up. The very fist thing I did was
look for windows explorer to check the hard drive size. Annoyed by the
stupid vista menu I switched the start menu to classic view. Then I
tried to drag and drop windows explorer to the top level of the start
bar. Can you belive - it crashed with "Windows Explorer has stopped
working". Liternally this was the first thing I did on the machine
before connecting to internet or anything! The whole build is corrupt.
I played for it last night and found the following problems:
(1) Crash if you try to drag and drop menu intems in the start menu.
This does not happen if you turn User Account Control Off (not
(2) After a reboot the wireless network reconnects but IE and all
other apps find no internet connection. You have to manually close and
reopen the wireless network.
(3) Playing a blue ray DVD crashes if you set it to fast forward with
16 speed and leave it a few minutes.
(4) Playing a DVD without the power cord in causes the CVC to run so
slow its dreadful.
This is absolutely insane....
Anyone else have this machine?
Re: Does anyone else have the buggy VGN-AR31S?
1. The problem is fixed if you turn off UAC. Not the machines fault.
2. Opening and closing of the network connection, again not the fault of
3. Sounds like a fault with the media player. As you don't say which
media player is playing the media.
4. Sounds like a power problem. Try checking the power settings.
Unplugged settings tend to favor battery life.
Playing Media should have full power settings set. Being BD Media is not
a DVD More power is needed to decode the disc and play it.
Do 3 and 4 happen when the unit's plugged in on AC ?
If so, then I would return it. If not, Try changing the power settings.