Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Different brand adapter for Averatec laptop
March 14, 2005, 4:53 pm
rate this thread
Averatec sells a generic ones listed as "Averatec GENERIC 60W AC
ADAPTER" although for ~$65. There are other brands that sell 60W AC
adapter for cheaper - like Toshiba for $28, but theirs is listed as
"TOSHIBA 60W AC Adapter for Satellite Portege Tecra Notebook...".
Would the Toshiba or any other brand of 60W adapter work in the
Averatec? What's the differences in all of these?
Re: Different brand adapter for Averatec laptop
You may use a Toshiba PSU if :
- the voltage required is the same. Most Toshiba supplies are rated at
- the connector fits.
- the polarity at the connector is the same. The outer part of the barrel
connector is negative with the inside being positive.
- the maximum amperage is enough. Assuming the voltage is 15volts, and the
max. wattage required is 60, then the max. amperage is 4amps.
~ Reply-To is set to a valid email address ~
~ www.alexquant.net ~
- » putting sdram into a four year old toshiba sattelite (problem)
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum