Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
November 9, 2004, 2:46 pm
rate this thread
1600i (no, the Smithsonian isn't asking for it) but I am having a
* The battery gets and keeps a full charge, and can run about 2 hours,
which is normal.
* The OS (previously Windows 2000 Pro, now Windows XP Pro, cleanly
installed) constantly thinks that the battery is about to die, and:
* if Advanced Power Management is on, it tries to shut down or
* if APM is off, it constantly beeps. (Note: This is not a Control
Panel->Sound setting - is it the BIOS beeping?
Anyway, I don't want to spend $100 to replace the battery, and I guess
I could get by with the speaker muted, but can anyone help me
* Is battery power detection peformed at the level of the BIOS, OS, or
* Is there any way to get Windows to stop beeping even if it thinks
the battery is low?
* Any way to 'rejuvenate' an aging battery, e.g. clean the contacts,
Thanks in advance for any advice.