Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
March 6, 2008, 10:41 am
rate this thread
I'm thinking of buying an XPS M1530, but a few questions remain:
- what would be the best choice for a non-LED display for this
notebook? WXGA+ (1.440 x 900) or WSXGA+ (1.680 x 1.050), because i
read that the WSXGA+ screen is sometimes grainy? Or should i just wait
for LED display to be available for the m1530?
- apparantly the m1530 doesn't support a GB lan port. I'm using a
NAS with GB lan, so is buying the m1530 with only 100mbps a good
- and then the most difficult choice: should i already go for a
64GB SSD or stay with a conventional HDD? I don't need a lot of data
on the notebook, but of course, i do need some space for Win Vista + a
lot of applications and tools.
- last question: i'm looking for a silent notebook but i heard that
m1530 has a noisy dvd: can i replace it with a silent dvd from
another model or even another vendor?
What do you guys think? All input is very welcome at this point!
Also, are you guys aware of new models coming out soon which will
support all the above (and maybe offer a 128gb ssd)?
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum