Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Dell Inspiron 7000: Touchpad and Win2000?
December 18, 2005, 3:38 pm
rate this thread
I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 here and I am now installing Win2K.
Unfortunately, the Synapsis touchpad is not recognized at all by Windows.
I downloaded the latest Synapsis drivers, but the driver already tells
during installation, that it will only work if Windows has recognized
What can I do? Has anyone an Inspiron 7000 and Win2000 running?
Hope someone can help me.
Re: Dell Inspiron 7000: Touchpad and Win2000?
I have a 7000 with XP that had a similar problem in Jan 2005. Take a
look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305510/ especially the hardware
note in paragraph 1. This is a really obscure fix.
1. Go into the Bios at boot (it should be at A15)
2. Carefully write down ALL the settings and addresses
3. Issue a reset to factory defaults in the Bios to the default settings
4. Save the BIOS and reboot into 2000, it should find and install the
5. Reboot, reset the original settings, save the Bios. Hopefully you
should have a working system with a functional touch pad
Hope this helps
PS Take a look at the Inspiron7000 newsgroup in groups.Yahoo.com it's
almost inactive but has a lot of useful information