Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Dead Battery = Dead Notebook ???
- Brian Oster
March 10, 2005, 8:03 pm
rate this thread
Dell Inspiron 5000e laptop started having the following problems:
1. If left to sit for several hours or after it was on for an
extended period of time it would hard power OFF (this wasn't because
of any power settings that I could find).
2. The screen would be black after boot up. I could hook it up to an
external monitor, but the LCD screen was black except for you could
just make out what was on the screen, but just barely. Sometimes the
screen would work, other times it wouldn't, other times it would pop
up and start working after it had been on for 20 or 30 minutes.
2a. The green light on the lcd case (lower left hand corner) to
indicate the power was on would sometimes be lit and other times it
wouldn't. This did NOT coincide with when the monitor was blank.
4. Finally one evening it would not boot up at all. It would start
to boot up but would just die like I had turned OFF the power.
Now, the apparent solution: My battery had been useless for months
(about 2 - 3 min worth of power max) but I had kept it in the laptop.
Basically I could only use the laptop using the AC adapter. Well I
removed the battery and everything seems to be working fine.
Finally my question. Could this really have been the problem... a
dead battery? Could a bad battery cause all these problems even when
on AC power?
- » Inspiron 8000 kills AC adapter - laptop will not power on
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum