Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
November 24, 2008, 1:19 am
rate this thread
My battery pack started to not hold a charge and the time to run
diminished, so I purchased a replacement battery pack. Things
seemed to work
well for a month, then as I was surfing the net
(wireless) and working on a
spreadsheet, the power failed running while
running off the battery. So I
plugged in the power cord and as it
booted… it turned-off. It does boot, but
will just turn-off
unexpectedly. Things I’ve notice:
- Wiggling the power connector doesn’t seen to impact behavior (I
cord coming out of the brick might be damaged with usage)
- With the laptop off and battery installed, I heard a searing sound
door where the memory is installed.
- Sudden shutdown occurs even when the battery is removed.
- The battery light never goes Green
- The battery light sometimes blinks/flashes amber
- The battery light when the power cord is first plugged-in will glow
slowly fades to off
So is the DC-DC motherboard supply failing? Can it be replaced?