Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Can't find the right driver
January 2, 2007, 12:51 pm
rate this thread
Re: Can't find the right driver
If you check in device manager it should tell you which of the two video
chipsets is installed in your system. To do this:
* right click on My Computer and pick Properties
* select the Hardware tab at the top
* click the Device Manager button
* in the Device Manager window look for the Display Adapters section
and see what is listed there.
At the worst, you can install the 855GM driver as I am almost positive
that it supports the 830M video as well. I know the newer drivers
support the older versions when dealing with the Intel 9xx
chipset/video, but I'm not 100% sure for the 8xx series.
If nothing else, I can look up your service tag in our system to find
out what version it shipped with. If you need me to look it up please
either email me, or send me a PM, with the service tag and I will be
more than happy to check.
BTW, since you have reinstalled Windows, please make sure you have
installed the Dell Notebook System Software (found in the System and
Configuration Utilities on the driver list). This loads updates
required to ensure Windows properly sees/talks to the hardware in your
system. If you have already loaded other drivers that is not a
problem, but I would recommend reinstalling the chipset driver/software
after the Notebook System software just to make sure it is properly
The proper order for the driver reinstallation on the Inspiron 1150 is:
1) Notebook System Software (then reboot)
2) Intel Chipset Software (then reboot)
3) Intel Video
4) Sigmatel Audio
5) Broadcom 4401 network
7) Wireless (if you have one)
8) Synaptics touchpad driver (then reboot)
I hope this helps.
DellCA's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=271
View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=562171
Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in
- » media center says it cannot detect a video dvd in the dvd rom drive when the dvd is in th...
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum