Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
June 18, 2007, 1:43 pm
rate this thread
I am in Switzerland, and planning to buy a laptop.
The general plan is to run some developer tools on this,
- Running software like
- Oracle 10g Server,
- Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Some other GUI tools...
- some shell programming
- some perl programming
- lots of internet browsing
- some dvd watching... (of course I dont intend to keep the oracle
server running when I am watching DVDs...)
- Other experimentation with software... intall.. configure..
use..like/dislike.. uninstall... the usual cycle...
Of course with possibility of some entertainment also thrown in... In
other words, a general purpose one.. with inclination towards
I am not into games (no time actually), but dvd watching ... sure... I
have a dell inspiron (4 years old) and its heavy... so i would love to
find something lighter... That made me think of 14" screens instead of
I have had a look at the market locally here (around Zurich) and found
some interesting models..
1. HP Compaq 6510b, C2D T7100 : Core 2 duo : 14" TFT Display : 2 MB L2
Cache : , 1 GB RAM, 120GB (5400 rpm) HDD
2. HP Compaq nc6400, Not so diff from the first one.. only that the
HDD is 80 GB here..
3. Lenovo 3000- V100 : Core 2 Duo : 12.1" Glossy display : 2 MB L2
Cache, 512 MB RAM, max RAM 2 GB, HDD - 100 GB (5400 rpm)
4. Macbook (Apple) : Core 2 Duo : 4 MB L2 Cache, Glossy
display :RAM : 1GB (max 2GB), HDD : 120 GB (5400 rpm)
There are some more similar models.. but I present them here for
Now, from this set of experience users, I request info about...
1. Any experience with these models... good, bad, ugly.. fantastic..
whatever.. please share
2. Any recommendations based on what I intend to do
- » Serious Problem With Dell Inspiron 9100, Need Help
- — Previous thread in » Laptop Computers Forum