Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 31, 2005, 8:42 pm
rate this thread
with it except I only get about 2 hours battery life on it.
I assume this is because I am running server software on it (i.e. SQL
server, IIS) as well as wireless, etc.
I used to get more when I bought it (4 hoursish).
I keep the screen low, so I don't think that is it.
1. Can I trust the Window XP battery/time remaining icon, or is it
guessing as much as I am (how accurate is the update, when I turn
wireless off it doesn't seem to move.) .
2. What services take up the most battery that I can turn off in the
controlpanel/services menu? (IIS shouldn't be one of them, but the
DB/Coldfusion/PHP can be).
3. Anything else obvious I should look for that is a battery hog? The
CD never runs, I don't use themes, etc.
Re: Battery hog?
You got four hours when the system was new. How old is the system?
Likely your battery(s) is just wearing out.
Batteries will age somewhat over time, even without usage. But mainly,
batteries have a limited number of charge/recharge cycles.
If you use your system often on batteries, you will be lucky to get a
year out of them. If sparingly, three years may be achievable.
- » Why won't complete idiot's new laptop battery charge?
- — Next thread in » Laptop Computers Forum