Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
August 2, 2006, 2:03 am
rate this thread
Compaq Presario R3000.
At startup, Windows XP found a new hardware device, launched the new
hardware wizard listing the device as "Base System Device" and prompted
to either look for the driver automatically or look for the driver in a
specific location. Automatic searching for the device driver failed to
Install the "TI PCI1520 and PCI1620 Driver for Windows 2000/XP" driver
available from the HP driver page for this machine at:
Prior to the symptom appearing, several applications were uninstalled
from the Add/Remove Programs applet. The installation of several
drivers were attempted. Some failed to install due to problems running
the InstallShield scripting application. The following steps were
1. Installed Windows XP SP2.
2. Went to the Windows Update site and installed all custom software
and hardware updates.
3. Went to the HP driver site (Above) and installed the AMD, AMD Update
and PCI driver.
4. After installing the PCI driver, Windows declared that new hardward
had been set up correctly.
5. Machine started up without a problem.