Need help,

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View


Not sure if this is the group to post this or not, but I need some
help. I'm working on a website and they want to add the little icon
that is to the left of the "http://www............."

Looking at this page right now google has the two white cloud things
on both the tab and up in the address bar. I see many sites now have
this but I'm not sure what it's called and I can't find any code on it
about this,

Just wondering if anyone could help me, or if you could put me in the
right direction.

Thanks, Jason.

Re: Need help,

Jay wrote:

Quoted text here. Click to load it


That would be a "favicon".

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Google?  This is Usenet!

Quoted text here. Click to load it though I wouldn't pay them to make one. Just create
a 16x16 pixel graphic file, in ICON - .ico - format and upload it to
your root directory.

For some non-conforming browsers, add these two lines in the <head>
section of your pages:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

That said, don't expect it to show up in Internet Explorer. With v.6 and
less, you have to bookmark the page first, and then it will disappear
when you clear the browser's cache.

   -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck

Site Timeline