Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- problem with remote access to my "server"
March 2, 2006, 7:19 pm
rate this thread
i just set up a designated computer on my network to run some shared
drives and printer...
it is running fine. i want to have it hidden, so i set up XP pro on it
so that i can use remote access, which works fine. the problem is:
i can't get it to play music through it's own speakers when i am using
it remotely, it just plays through the speakers on the computer i am
accessing it WITH. I have the hidden (server type) machine hooked up
to my stereo and i want to be able to run my itunes from a distance to
my stereo. the software is running fine, just that the music comes
out of my laptop instead of my stereo... i thought once i disconnected
from the server machine remotely and left it running it would revert to
its own speakers, but alas...
please reply here or (preferably and really) to my email
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers
- » PC wont boot no reponse nothing!!!! MOBO burn out????
- — Previous thread in » Home-built Computers