Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- pc bay install problem - help!!!!
- Dilbert Firestorm
May 29, 2006, 4:17 pm
rate this thread
I installed a SIIG 4 port USB bay hub in the pc's 3.5 internal device bay.
problem. the hub is not very well secured in the bay. it slides back
inside the pc if I push in a usb connector in.
and due to the way its designed, only 2 (rear of the bay) of the 4
screws can be used.
any suggestions on how to fix this?
Re: pc bay install problem - help!!!!
Either tighten those 2 screws more, or put something in
behind the hub to keep it from sliding. For example drill a
hole right behind it in the bay side and slip a bolt and nut
it. That is, if there isn't already a hole behind it you
can use... if the hole is too far back, put an L-bracket or
something similar in. Even easier would be a piece or two
of thick double-sided foam tape on the wall of the bay
behind it, but it may not be as secure if the case is
low-tolerance and/or flimsy.
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum