Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- No Display
August 29, 2006, 10:22 am
rate this thread
I'm helping a friend get his PC working.
His PC is has an ASUS P5RD1-V Deluxe which has an on board ATI Radeon
The PC powers up but there is no display at all.
Ive tried taking out the RAM chips and reseating them - just trying one on
its own but still no display.
The board also has SVHS/component/composite outputs and I got nothing out of
I then fitted a PCI graphics card and got no display on that either.
I took out the hard drive to recover files from it and found that some files
had been written to the last date/time I powered up his PC. So something in
there must be working OK.
I just wondered if the CPU has failed in some way would it still power up?
and exhibit this fault?
I dont have another LGA775 board handy to try out the CPU.
I suspect its most likely a problem with the system board.
I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks for your time.
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers
- » Need to recover (encrypted) files from XP install on another hard drive
- — Previous thread in » Home-built Computers
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum