Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Chuck Jungmann
October 24, 2005, 4:11 pm
rate this thread
I am a software/web developer (no gaming) that is about to build up a
new system. I run two LCD monitors on my current system, and can't go
DVI is the preferred interface, so it seems logical to get a dual-dvi
video card. I am noise-sensitive, so I am looking for a
The card that jumps out is the Matrox Millennium P650 (for $152 at
NewEgg). It's relatively expensive and is AGP. There are fewer AGP
motherboards from which to choose.
What seems to be an obvious alternative is to get two cheaper
passively-cooled video cards (PCIE allows more than one video card,
right?) and run the two video cards that way.
What are the pros and cons of these two alternatives? Is there
anything else I should consider?
Thanks in advance,
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers
- » Match up a Windows XP installation CD with its Product Key?
- — Previous thread in » Home-built Computers
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum