Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 8, 2005, 3:20 pm
rate this thread
I am planning on building a new computer very soon and after soon
research I have come up with the following configuration. Besides
regular windows applications (office, photoshop) and dvd-burning and
editing, the computer will be extensively used for Flight Simulator
2004, which is not the most optimized graphics game, but it very
demanding (especially with 2+ years and dozens of addons).
1) AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model
2) ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
3) Lian Li PC-60USB B2 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
4) HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 0A31636 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard
5) CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC
3200) Unbuffered System Memory
6) ENERMAX EG425P-VE SFMA 2.0 ATX12V 420W Power Supply
7) MSI NX7800GTX-VT2D256E (Lite) Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI
Express x16 Video Card or eVGA 256-P2-N515-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB
GDDR3 PCI Express x16 (depending on the budget)
I have a Plextor 12X dvd burner, no need for floppy drive, thus this is
the system configuration. I have not overclocked systems before, but am
not too crazy about having a dozen coolers, doing custom watercooling,
etc. I know Lian-Li is expensive, but I like a nice case, it can be
used for many years afterwards.
Any feedback is appreciated.
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers