Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Loud Antec case fan with Enermax Liberty PSU
September 26, 2006, 6:08 am
rate this thread
I built a mostly quiet machine a few years ago and recently replaced
the PSU, motherboard, and processor. The case is an Antec Sonata. With
the original Antec PSU, there was a connection to the case fan that
regulated it. I couldn't find anyway to connect the Enermax Liberty to
the case fan, and now the case fan runs full throttle all the time,
loud. What am I missing?
Here are the relevant specs:
Antec Sonata case
Enermax Liberty 400W PSU
Biostar TForce4 U motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800 processor
The CPU temp is 34C.
Re: Loud Antec case fan with Enermax Liberty PSU
You will see that this board has at least one sysfan header that
can be monitored from the Bios.
If you can't control it from the Bios, or the fan pwr plug has four wires,
then rearrange the molex plug so that the fan only sees 7 volts, not 12.
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum