Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Boba & Ilinka
January 12, 2006, 1:05 am
rate this thread
Re: I, Kony and raid 0
- Because there is in fact a minor performance increase and
with excessively priced systems, 1% lead means everything.
- Because it's not THEIR data.
- Because they can. Turn on "all" features, bells,
whistles- it's good for marketing purposes.
- Because they didn't benchmark in both configurations on
real-world tasks rather than synthetic linear ones.
- Because it's PCWorld, a mag whose income is from
- Further, if you recall one of the previous threads, the
issue was not just RAID0 or not, it was RAID0 on the PCI
bus, not from a southbridge integral controller which avoids
PCI bus saturation and effects on other PCI devices.
- » Exasperating graphics problem, motherboard related?
- — Next thread in » Home-built Computers