Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- How to make windows xp pro load faster?
January 21, 2007, 11:05 am
rate this thread
Re: How to make windows xp pro load faster?
Determine why it's loading slow.
- Slow system
- Slow hard drive or fragmented filesystem
- Too much loading, background junk from installed
software/driver-related apps, etc
- Hardware config error like no DHCP server response when
set to use one
- Networking waiting for mapped drives
- Bad HDD cables, data resends constantly
- Lots of unnecessary Windows services loading
- Insufficient system memory, pagefile being used already
before finished booting
I'm sure there's more reasons but if all these items are
addressed it would make a significant difference on the
*average* XP system.
- » Quiet Cooler for 3.5" (89mm) AMD Opteron Socket F (1207)?
- — Previous thread in » Home-built Computers