Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Windows XP freeze
May 4, 2007, 7:02 am
rate this thread
I have 1 PC, windows windows XP on it. The booting is really slow. It got
800Mhz P3 and 256 RAM. First, i thought the problem is with the hard disk,
but even after swap with other hard disk(same model, maxtor) it still
freeze. It happen sometimes when I run games, or sometimes just Acrobat
reader. Can someone help me? I just swap the Processor from celeron 500 to
I havent try to swap the processor back.
Re: Windows XP freeze
Complete freezes are usually a hardware problem. Since you
had changed the CPU, I will assume at least one of the two
times you had a decent CPU-heatsink interface, and these are
very cool running CPUs (relatively speaking) so the odds are
your remaining variables are the problem, either motherboard
You didn't bother to mention specifics of the system though,
so we can't help you with motherboard or CPU. It is always
good to begin a system-problem post with a concise but
complete description of the system.
Random thoughts that might not be applicable include:
- Check PSU with a multimeter
- Examine motherboard for capacitor failure
- Unplug PSU from AC power and open, inspect it as well
- Check fan operation and dust buildup
- Run memtest96+ for several hours
- Check Event Viewer
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware