Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
December 26, 2007, 5:30 am
rate this thread
capabilities. I have a system with the following configurations,
hardware, and software settings:
Pentium 4 (3GHz, 1GB RAM)
Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS [A400]
Driver release: release 2.9.16 (re-installed to ensure that it is not
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers
Source selector switch: 5.1
Creative Audio Console:
Speakers: 5.1 Speakers (synchronized with MS Windows Control Panel)
Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices
Speaker Settings: Speaker Setup: 5.1 surround sound speakers
When listening to music - .mp3 or .wav (off a CD) - or a DVD, or
playing material via iTunes (music and video), the front speakers/
channels (left and right) not producing any sound. Center speaker/
channel is playing about 80 percent of non-sub-woofer audio (operating
normally), with the rear speakers/channels (both left and right)
producing the other 20 percent.
I'm trying to determine why the front speakers/channels have no
All the wires/plugs are connected properly. All the hardware
configurations and software settings appear to be correct. I've
reinstalled the sound card driver and audio software (WinAmp). I just
cannot figure out why there is no front speaker/channel sound.
Can anyone help me?
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Can I Run This Hyper-Threading CPU In My Supposed Non HT Motherboard?
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum