Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- What kind of new dvd burner for laptop
July 29, 2005, 2:53 pm
rate this thread
I have this IBM R51 laptop and thought it'd be nice to upgrade and get
dvd burning capabilities. I don't think there's any UltraBay dvd
writers that I can use for my laptop, so I'm thinking that using the
USB interface would be the way to go.
So far I've got these ideas... are there any suggestions as to which
ones are better?
1) Get an external dvd writer
2) Get an internal dvd writer with a drive enclosure
3) Any other idea?
An external writer seems quite expensive, while an internal writer is
quite cheap (but the enclosure would cost a bit too). I could also use
my normal desktop hard drive for the drive enclosure if I wanted to...
Travelling would not be a problem because I wouldn't really burn dvd's
elsewhere other than at home.
Thanks in advance!
Re: What kind of new dvd burner for laptop
Hi Josh, you`ve got your knickers in a twist.
1. An `internal` goes in your machine.
2. An `external` goes in an external case and is connected to USB.
You would probably have to get a Technician to fit the internal (expensive
An external unit, you can plug in yourself. ( So which is least expesive
You choice. Best wishes..OJ
- » Wattage date for graphic cards. Would ati radeon all-in-wonder 8500 or 7500 work in 230W P...
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware