vertical retrace

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View
On CRT monitors, when the screen isn't updating, it's called the
vertical retrace.

Is there a similar term for LCD monitors when they're not drawing?

Re: vertical retrace

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:19:03 -0700 (PDT),

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Doubtful, an LCD is progressive, doesn't beam the lines to
the front of a CRT tube.  They do use a "response time" term
to note how long it takes to change image state when one
progressive frame is replaced by a subsequent one that has

Site Timeline