USB hub on Compaq Monitor

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View
I just bought a used Compaq V55 monitor (1998). There is a
square USB port at the back. I managed to find the specs:
it's called a USB hub. I couldn't find the User's manual,
but I suppose there are many monitors that include a hub.
Can someone tell me how I can use this port ? I don't think
I can plug a scanner there.


Re: USB hub on Compaq Monitor

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:03:00 -0400, Sinus Logarithme

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Some of them didn't have the full feature I think.  That is,
if the feature wasn't advertised for the model and paid-for
as the higher priced option, it didn't come with the snap in
module for the ports.  If it did, in addition to the rear
port you should have a few other ports.  You'd then plug a
cable from your pc into the rear port and any other devices
to the other ports.  It'd be USB1 though, if you really need
a hub you can get USB2 online for about $10 now, maybe even
free after rebates so it's hardly worthwhile to pursue if
you don't have all the parts.

Re: USB hub on Compaq Monitor

kony wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

There are no other ports, so it's useless. Thanks for the
advice about USB2, I'll probably need it some day.

Site Timeline