Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Real bus speeds of Via 266 chipset and DDR
Re: Real bus speeds of Via 266 chipset and DDR
On Thu 28 Jul 2005 09:03:51, Sleepy wrote:
Ben/Sleepy, thank you very much for helping me further with this.
You make some valuable points. The thing I am not so sure about is
the query I raised with Wes in this same thread in my message:
Maybe you know the answer to what I ask from your own experience.
Wes observed that I didn't have a PCI Lock and I asked:
Are you referring to the BIOS setting "Auto Detect DIMM/PCI Clk"
If so then how do I use that setting to my advantage?
Do I need to disable the auto detect in that setting (i.e. say no
to that setting) and then vary the "CPU Host Clock" value?
I'm sure I have got noticeable improvements from varying the "CPU
Host Clock" value but leave the DIMM/PCI Clock setting on AUTO.
Could this have been possible?
- » Wattage date for graphic cards. Would ati radeon all-in-wonder 8500 or 7500 work in 230W P...
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum