Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Re: New Power Supply question
February 16, 2007, 11:07 am
rate this thread
hard drives use the same power connectors as optical drives.
What brand and model of power supply? Also, what did you disconnect
from the hard drives in question - SATA or MOLEX power leads?
Serial ATA connectors only work with SATA drives. The voltage
requirements and data throughput are different from the Parallel ATA
(PATA) connectors that use the 18-pin flat cables.
The SATA power cables are the small flat plastic connectors. The EIDE
drives take the standard 4-pin MOLEX connectors.
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » WHAT CAN REPLACE THE SAMSUNG SP1614C? WANT 2 OR MORE
- — Last Updated thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Suppressing 5.18 "experimental" warnings without changing all my code?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions
- » Earn few Bucks instantly By simply registering Or by referring somebody
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Anti-Virus Software