Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- PC locks w/ added memory - what next?
July 18, 2006, 9:29 pm
rate this thread
PC3200 with no probs over last couple of years. Put in another 512 and get lots
of locking up (using any 2 of the 3 slots). Memtest showed nothing wrong running
with both sticks, and a single 512 of either stick installed exhibited no
Borrowed two matching 512's (Geil) thinking there may be some timing issue but
At this point: can it be anything other than a flaky mamaboard? (ps? weird video
card / 1 Gb memory interaction? or ?)
Re: PC locks w/ added memory - what next?
On a three slot single channel memory board, try using
slot 1 and slot 3 for the two 512MB sticks.
If you still don't have stability, see if the memory
clock can be slowed down.
Test with memtest86+ (boot disk) and with Prime95
torture test (mersenne.org) in Windows, before
concluding it is fixed.
- » Funky (as in The Spinners, not toe cheese) Video Card
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum