Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- PC keeps rebooting
- Wolf Grossi
December 3, 2010, 9:56 am
rate this thread
running OpenSUSE's 11-3 Linux firmware test on a PC makes the PC
The pc had WinXP installed and began to reboot while working.
I replaced the disk and tried to install Linux, with the above Problem.
What could cause this problem?
Defect mobo, CPU or BIOS?
Any hints and comments are very much appreciated.
Tnx for reading
Re: PC keeps rebooting
So you attempted to install a new OS on a PC that already was
Defect BIOS seems unlikely. Can be anything.
Mobo, CPU, PSU, Ram, overheating,...
There are 3 (cheap) options to start with:
- Visually check the PC for contamination with dust.
Especially the CPU cooler and surroundings.
- Visually inspect the electrolytic capacitorsk, especially those
around the CPU and near the 20/24 pin PSU plug.
Look at http://www.badcaps.net (pictures in the right column).
- Use memtest86 to test the ram
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware