Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Monitor is getting connected to CPU
June 19, 2005, 7:36 am
rate this thread
nothing is coming on the screen (Monitor power light turns orange from
green) , it was working perfectly ok even few days back , what can be
the problem ? Can any one please help ?
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
Re: Monitor is getting connected to CPU
Might be the common, all-encompassing "failure to POST"
situation. This simply means the system can't start running
due to (one of many types of) hardware or bios problem.
Since there are so many possibilities, one usually starts
with the most common things...
- clear CMOS by unplugging AC then using that board jumper
or pulling battery for 10 minutes.
- check cards, cables, fans, etc.
- If you have a multimeter, take voltage readings through
the back of the power supply connector, for the main board
plug and the 4-pin 12V plug (if applicable).
- Strip system down to only essentials towards posting:
CPU, heatsink/fan, video, 1 memory module
- Start out a thread by posting a concise list of all major
hardware, including power supply make/model/capacity