Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Microsoft Fix It
- Steve Giannoni
June 17, 2010, 3:09 pm
rate this thread
2 system updates are offered for installation repeatedly, as if not
installed properly. Running the subject utility cures the problem for
the remainder of the day, BUT the problem returns after one day, with
the yellow shield perpetually offering to install the same damn two
updates, until I run the utility again, etc. Two systems are so
infected with this problem so it is necessary to run the utility on
each, once a day, etc. What subtle tweaking is done by the utility and
how can I get it as a permanent change, etc.
Re: Microsoft Fix It
I think if you google the update number (KB number) then find your way to
the appropriate Microsoft "Help and Support" page, then there is a link on
the right side, near the top - "Get Help Now" - expand that part and click
on the "Contact a support person..." link. I think that is how I initiated
the support request. This probably isn't a link to your specific security
update, but this is the type of web page you are looking for...
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » PC camera at top of 20-foot pole, wired or wireless?
- — Newest thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Does anyone here use GD:Simple - Can't get it installed
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions