Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- memtest86... bit of help
March 31, 2005, 7:12 pm
rate this thread
just ran it
as i have had problems for a long time
sys spec is
AMD Athlon XP 2600
80gb IDE hdd
Gainward GeForce5200 256MB
MSI KT6V Motherboard
Crucial DDR333 PC2700 512MB (purchased brand new)
i have been getting CRC errors while installing big games and extracting
large files, this suggested to me a memory error
So for ages i had been meaning to run memtest86
i finally got round to it this evening
i ran it for 30 minutes
there were something like 4200 Errors thats four thousand two hundred!!!!
and only a pass rate of 3%
now after 3 minutes is this normal or is the memory i'm using totally FUBAR?
should i run memtest again for a longer length of time or is 4200 errors and
3% pass after 30 minutes conclusive evidence that i was right about
suspecting the problems (which i have had for a very very long time) with
CRC errors and IRQ errors were to do with the bad memory?
also i believe all crucial memory comes a lifetime warranty does it not? if
so could i go about returning it to crucial to get a replacement?
any advice would be greatly appreciated
- » Need info about Pocket PCs and similar handheld devices
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware
- » WHAT CAN REPLACE THE SAMSUNG SP1614C? WANT 2 OR MORE
- — Last Updated thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Suppressing 5.18 "experimental" warnings without changing all my code?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions
- » Earn few Bucks instantly By simply registering Or by referring somebody
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Anti-Virus Software