Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- How to recover data from a JBOD array?
August 27, 2010, 5:20 pm
rate this thread
I have an external enclosure that holds 2 disks in a JBOD array, and I'm
wondering how to recover data from it if one of the disks fail.
I played around with it last night, testing with the 2 data-loaded disks that
in it, and I found that removing the second disk in the array left the
first disk's partition and data fully functional, but trying to use the
second disk alone wouldn't work; the partition was not recognized.
A0 = array slot 0
A1 = array slot 1
D0 = disk 0
D1 = disk 1
A0/D0, A1/D1 = normal config
A0/D0 = disk 0 is readable
A0/D1 = partition unrecognized
A0/D1, A1/D0 = no partitions are recognized
Is there any way to recover data from disks other than disk 0 in a JBOD
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » the difference in sata 1.5gb/s and 3gb/s (the wearability)
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware