Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- How to record cassette player using line-in?
January 30, 2010, 4:26 pm
rate this thread
I am having trouble recording a cassette player onto XP.
(1) I play a cassette recorder into my PC's line-in and I can hear it
clearly in the speakers.
(2) I select line-in on XP's recording control (SNDVOL32.EXE).
(3) However when I press the record button on Audacity, there is no audio
signal displayed on the graph.
I also tried XP's Sound recorder (SNDREC32.EXE) and Windows Media Player.
Can you advise?
Re: How to record cassette player using line-in?
On 21:26 30 Jan 2010, Jonno wrote:
I'm a step closer. Here's some more info ...
I turned the cassette player right down and played into the PC's mic input.
A VU meter utility shows nicely fluctuating audio levels and the recording
When I select the PC's line input (and remove all input/output leads) then
the recording level is at its max. I still get a max reading with the
line-in sensitivity turned down in XP's Recording Control.
What's happening here?
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Upcoming Multiplatform Game Programming Book for Beginners
- — Newest thread in » Computer Hardware