Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Help needed: "stuttering" in fullscreen mode
March 1, 2007, 2:35 am
rate this thread
4) where about once a minute these will freeze up for about 5 seconds
and then recover. It happens less often with lower resolutions but
still occurs as low as 800x600 and it only happens when I run in
fullscreen mode. They run fine in windowed mode at high resolutions
(1280x1024). I used low detail settings and no FSAA. My system meets
all the minimum requirements and most recommended requirements.. am I
missing something? Please help!
Here's the system specs:
Athlon 64 3700+
GeForce 6800GT video
Creative X-FI sound
Some things I've tried that didn't fix the problem:
-Upgraded sound, video, & mainboard drivers
-Scanned for virus & spyware.
-Eliminated background programs, virus scanner, and unnecessary
-Checked CPU temp (max is 55C)
Re: Help needed: "stuttering" in fullscreen mode
1) I wouldnt use the 93.71s - very dodgy driver - the 91.47s are more
2) You dont mention your PSU - you need a decent 400watt PSU *minimum* that
delivers a stable current on the 12volt rail.
3)Many problems in Oblivion seem to be related to sound ie disabling sound
makes a vast improvement not just to framerate (as you'd expect) but
eliminates stuttering too.
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware