Hardware for wireless connection

Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View
I use my netbook at home wireless in the U.S., as we have internet
service for the desktop.  I also use this small computer in the
library and Borders bookstore. The wireless connections are very

I took this netbook to China a while ago, and stayed in my mom's
house.  She had internet service for her desktop. but my netbook could
not get internet connection. I was told by the local people that I had
to buy a device looking like a USB.  When inserting it to the
computer, it would be able to get wireless service nearby.

I  didn't buy it in China as I would come back to the U.S. soon.  I
wonder whether or not such device is available in the U.S.  If yes,
what is the name? I like to buy one as I will go back to China soon.

Thanks for your information.

fulio pen

Re: Hardware for wireless connection

On 1/10/2011 4:54 PM, Fulio Open wrote:
Quoted text here. Click to load it

 From your rather vague description the USB device could be a WiFi to
USB adapter operating on a different frequency than the USA standard
your netbook has built in or it could be a USB to Cellular modem.

Either way I would wait until you go back to China and purchase the
device there to be sure it will be compatible with the systems in the
area near your mother.

Site Timeline