Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
November 1, 2005, 1:34 pm
rate this thread
I have a computer running under Windows XP SP1 and with two hard
- one Hitachi Deskstar 120GB about two years old
- one Maxtor 13GB about 4 years old
System and program files are on the Hitachi, I use the Maxtor as an
Yesterday I was working under MS Word and as I wanted to save the
document, Word displayed a message saying that it can't find the drive
(I was actually attemtping to save it on the Maxtor). I checked and
indeed, there was only one hard drive in "My Computer".
I restarted my computer and now there are two situations:
- when, while detecting IDE drives, the computer detectes the Maxtor,
Windows is not lauched and the computer stands by with a black screen
- if the Maxtor is not detected (it implies, I don't know why, that my
DVD burner is not detected too), then Windows is lauched.
If anybody had such a problem before, please do help me!
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum