Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- frozen screen after RAM recognition
June 6, 2005, 6:40 pm
rate this thread
recognition and will not continue booting no matter how long I wait or
how many times I restart. Does anyone know what is causing this or how
can I identify the source for this problem?
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
Re: frozen screen after RAM recognition
" My computer freezes after RAM recognition and will not continue
booting no matter how long I wait or how many times I restart. Does
anyone know what is causing this or how can I identify the source for
this problem? "
When asking questions such as this, you might want to include your
system specs. Anyway, try the following in order:
1. Switch off your power supply, and disconnect the power cord.
2. Remove the RAM.
3. Disconnect and re-connect everything.
4. Re-seat the RAM.
5. Locate the *clear CMOS* jumper on your motherboard and clear it.
6. Re-connect the power, and turn on your power supply.
7. Fire it up.
It could be that you have a loose connector, loose RAM, or that your
BIOS settings are attempting to run things faster than the hardware can
- » Partition Magic 8.. cant resize (larger) Primary partition
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » HL-DT-ST GCA-4040N NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SONY VIDEO CAMERA
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware