Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Nico de Jong
May 17, 2011, 7:51 am
rate this thread
I'm about to retire, and have started to dissolve my stock of spare parts.
Most parts are rather common, but there are some specialties.
In the 80's and part of the 90's, I was the scandinavian distributor for EMS
in Brussels, who sold a very good media conversion system for floppy discs.
The guts of one of these systems is now up for sale, and I might even find a
It contains :
- 2 SMS OMTI 7250 controllers (mounted on a plate, so it can be mounted
inside an AT-size box)
- 1 SMS OMTI 512 controller (this is an 8-bit AT controller)
- cables (2x 3.5", 2x 5.25", 1x 8")
- software (uses DOS or DOS Box)
A power supply and 8" drive(s) are also available.
The software supports about 800 floppy disk formats, from 3.5" to 8", and
from BBC to Xerox (and others).
The only thing you need extra, is a box, or a tower case with an external 8"
This "auction" will be open until June 1.
Shipping from Denmark.
A picture of the system can be found at
http://www.farumdata.dk/uk/enserv.asp about halfway down.
If you see other things you like, they'll probably be for sale too, so dont
hesitate to ask
Re: Floppy disc conversion
<snipped the spam>
Do NOT spam in Usenet unless it is one of the *.forsale newsgroups (but
be prepared for no takers). If you have something to sell, use eBay,
Craigslist, or other equivalents available in your area (I doubt anyone
is going to pay the outrageous international shipping charges).
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Do all IR recievers for remote kb/mice use the PS2 ports?
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware