Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
January 2, 2006, 6:30 pm
rate this thread
board w/ a VIA KT880 chipset + VT8237. I flashed the BIOS to the latest
I have installed Windows XP Pro onto the WD 40GB IDE ATA 100 drive that
attaches to the onboard IDE controller. Tried both channels. I have two
SATA drives configured as RAID 1 using the mobo utility.
Ways I *can* boot Windows...
1. Two SATA drives attached and set as RAID in the BIOS. Leave the
Windows CD in the drive and choose to not boot from the CD.
2. Remove the Windows CD and set the SATA drives as IDE in the BIOS.
3. Remove the Windows CD and physically detach the SATA drives.
Ways I *cannot* boot Windows.
1. Remove the Windows CD and set the SATA drives as RAID in the BIOS.
I thought that maybe the MBR on the WD was corrupt, but I figured it was
okay because I can boot from it in certain configurations. I've also
loaded the "fail-safe" BIOS defaults w/o any luck.
Any advice would be more appreciated.
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum