Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- DVD writer slowing down - pls help
June 19, 2008, 10:00 pm
rate this thread
Re: DVD writer slowing down - pls help
Look at the TDK disks' media code. Pretty good chance that your
'new TDK disks' carry another media code. One, that your writer
does not recognize. And therefore burns at a very low speed.
Sometimes a DVD writer manufacturer offers a firmware upgrade.
Sometimes it is just easier to shop for a media code, rather than
a 'brand' DVD :-)
RAM problems could also cause this behaviour. But then, you would
notice a decrease in performance all over the PC.
In case of doubt: http://www.memtest86.com /
(Note, that they also carry free versions! )
- » Newest MemTest86, MemTest86+ incompatible with Sandy, Ivy chipsets?
- — Next thread in » Computer Hardware
- » Can I use a USB WiFi hub instead of hardwired connection on my PC
- — Previous thread in » Computer Hardware
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum